Principle and Goals
An effective occupational, health and safety program will be maintained. This program is basic to the principle of safe operations and requirements of our business. Qualified personnel and adequate facilities and equipment will be provided by the company in keeping with these principles and goals. The following principles are fundamental to a successful operation:
- Appropriate programs need to be implemented to protect employee health and safety and to minimize human suffering.
- Occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable.
- Management seeks to define, initiate and maintain programs and procedures to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Continuing scrutiny of programs and ongoing employee training and education in occupational health and safety are essential program elements.
- Minimize health and safety risks by providing safe and healthful work environments, preventing unsafe acts and controlling exposures to health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Provide and assure appropriate health and safety programs exist and are implemented.
- Control health hazards in the workplace and assure that employees are informed of hazards and how to protect themselves from overexposure.
- Communicate to employees all mandated medical findings and advise appropriate actions to be taken.
- Maintain medical records in a confidential manner.
Safety & Health Action Plan:
- All field service technicians are fully safety trained to meet both OSHA and MSHA standards.
- Assure all managers and employees have received orientation, instruction and training in health, safety and environmental protection matters.
- Require that all health, safety, environmental protection, and loss control practices, standards, laws and regulations be observed relating to people, facilities, materials, processes, wastes, and the environment.